This visa can be issued to foreigners invited by Italian Public Agencies, Institutions, Organizations (public or private but reputable and well-known) to participate in a special public event (political, cultural or scientific conferences). All the costs related to the stay will have to be born by the inviting party. It's a Schengen visa (type "C") -Maximum length of stay: 90 days
|Application Type||Visa Fee in Euros||Visa Fee in Naira|
|Short Term visas (up to 90 days stay)
|Short Term visas for children
(Between 0 - 6 years)
|Short Term visas for children
(Between 6 - 12 years)
- The applicable visa fee in Naira is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- Naira in 500 & above only be accepted
- The visa fee should only be paid at the time of submission of the documents at the Application center.
Visa categories that are exempted from the payment of visa fees are:
- Dependent family (spouse, parents and children of Italian or European citizens);
- Students attending Universities or some specific training;
- Children less than 6 years of age for short term visa
|Visa Category||Service Fee (NRN)|
The above fee is payable in cash at the VAC implant branch of Sterling Bank.
Document checklist for Invitations visa
|Requisite documents for invitation visa for the participation in conferences / congress / sport competition/ special public events only|
|Declaration for the health insurance|
Important notice for all visa applicants
- Please carefully read the requisite documents that you need to submit together with your visa application. Ensure that you have all the documents indicated in the list, as lack of one or more documents can result in a visa denial.
- Applicants are strongly advised to submit originals and photocopies of their own supporting documents.
- Documents submitted in photocopies only will not be considered in view of the visa evaluation.
- Applicants should be aware that submission of photocopies only might lead to a visa denial.
- If for some special reason a certain document cannot be provided in original and photocopy, the applicant or the Nigerian sponsoring company should indicate these reasons in an official letter.
- The only documents that can be submitted in photocopy are the identity card and the passport of the Italian sponsor signing the letter of invitation.
- Furthermore, all adult applicants should always submit their own personal bank statements, irrespectively of the scope of trip (business or tourism).Applicants are strongly advised to do so as without the personal bank statements there could be no correct evalutation of the application and this might lead to a visa denial.
- In case of applicants owner of small businesses, if for some reason they have only their company’s bank statement, an original letter of the bank stating that the applicant is the sole signatory of the account should be submitted.
- Applicants please be informed that Italian consulate would require a minimum of three (3) consecutive empty pages in your passport in order to issue a visa STICKER on your passport.
- Applicants can simply walk in without prior appointment to any of our VFS centers in Lagos or Abuja. . Abuja submission timings are 8a.m to 3p.m Monday –to- Friday and Lagos submission timings are 8a.m to 2p.m Monday –to- Friday.
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The photograph should be 34-45 mm in width.
- Face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- General, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
- Annex A Photograph Guidelines
How to find out if your visa is ready
The processing time of your Application will take minimum 15 days and it will start from the next day of submission at VFS Italy Visa Application Center.
You may also check by calling VFS Helpdesk at – 0815 018 8800 between 9am to 4pm on any working days except Saturdays and Sundays and any Holidays or track your application on our website by clicking this link.
Kindly note that neither VFS nor the Consulate General of Italy would be held responsible for applicant not picking up their passports whenever they are ready for collection at VFS Global Services Nigeria Ltd and will not be responsible for any decision/passport delays from the Consulate General of Italy.
Also if the applicant does not collect the processed passports from VF Global visa application centers within 90 days from the date they are received from the Consulate General of Italy the passports would be returned back to the Consulate General of Italy.